General Function :
As a Bartender, this position will be responsible for providing friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all guests. Monitors bar inventory and takes appropriate action. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient guest service to guests and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Food Service Director; Kitchen Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to guests; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to guests and sets a good example.
Sets the department standards for guest service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
Smiles and greets guests in a friendly manner when wearing the Wahlburgers uniform.
Makes an effort to learn guests' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to guests who call including taking product orders.
Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
Serve adult frappes, mixed drinks, wine, and bottled or draft beer.
Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
Maintain strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in other areas of store as needed.
Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience
No education requirements. Must have ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system. 0-2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence; interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
This is a fast paced food service work environment dealing directly with the public. Possible equipment movement hazards and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Draught foam control devices; Electronic beer line maintenance equipment, Refrigerated liquid recirculation systems, Soda dispensers, cocktail shakers, blenders, fruit knives, and POS terminals.
Responsible for department assets including equipment and merchandise and cash register.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.