|Employer||Logistic Services International, Inc|
|Job type||Full Time|
General Summary: Note: This is a non-flying position. LSI's core business is to provide Operator and Maintainer training to the U.S. Government.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Aviator I designs and develops training solutions or conducts pilot or operator training for defined areas of military expertise in accordance with contractual specifications, standards, and instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as a SME for the development and delivery of training solutions pertaining to Pilots, Flight Officers, Navigators, or Tactical Coordinators (TACCOs).
• Work with a team of training development professionals to analyze, design and develop Computer-Based Training (CBT) products, virtual/augmented reality simulators, and training devices.
• May be tasked to use commercial off-the-shelf or company developed authoring tools to create CBT products, such as Interactive Courseware (ICW) and Instructor Led Training (ILT) materials.
• May attend training conferences, In-Process Reviews (IPRs), and other required meetings.
• Must be aware of International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) restrictions on export of military hardware and training services.
• Responsible for the safe handling of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Government Furnished Information (GFI).
• May be required to work occasionally outside of normal hours due to travel, availability of training equipment, time-shared work benches or aircraft, as specified by the contract.
• Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
Note: This is a non-flying position. LSI's core business is to provide Operator and Maintainer training to the U.S. Government.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Capable with networked computers (word processing, graphics, spread sheet, database, and desktop publishing applications), scanners, printers, copiers, E-mail and internet browsers, FAX machines and other required audio/visual equipment.
• Work under supervision to proactively develop training materials.
• Possess good verbal and written English communication skills for training development.
• Able to work in a team to accomplish common goals.
• Must interact with military and other government personnel using the appropriate dialect and affording the proper courtesies while observing the correct customs.
• Possess interpersonal skills to accept assignments and communicate technical concepts in layman's terms.
• Ability to analyze and interpret instructions and standards.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance and pass background checks to obtain a base access pass to military installations and contractor facilities as required by the contract.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word & PowerPoint).
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university, unless incumbent is a former Army warrant officer.
• Five (5) years of experience as an AH-64E pilot.
• Additional flight hours, qualifications or experience as required by the contract position.
• Successful completion of an approved Military Instructor Training Program preferred.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance.
• U.S. Army Instructor experience desired.
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification and drug testing.