South San Francisco, CA, United States
We run one of the largest genome centers in the country and with that comes the necessity to maintain the quality of our testing. This senior scientist role is part of our Translational Development team and is responsible for developing and transferring technologies and product upgrades from R&D to our CLIA laboratory. The role requires a wide breadth of knowledge in wet and dry bench skills and an eagerness to collaborate across multiple disciplines at Myriad Women's Health.
What you'll do
- Experimental design: carefully design experiments to ensure a smooth development process
- Process characterization and guardbanding: determine how close a prototype matches a specified end product through careful evaluation of its methods and ensure that it can operate with in tolerances suitable for a clinical lab
- Automated Method Development: work with an interdisciplinary team to convert manual methods to efficient automated methods
- Data Analysis: work with large genomic data sets
- Verification: determine if our new methods and products meet our designed specifications
- Validation: determine the analytical validity of any new changes to our methods or products.
- Monitoring: monitor the performance of newly released products and methods to ensure that we have delivered according to plan
- Data Analysis: present clear analysis on large data sets
- Process Optimization: develop new assay chemistries with the goal of minimizing cost and turnaround time while maintaining accuracy
- Project Management: lead cross-disciplinary teams to design, build, validate and launch new methods or products
- Given a problem with an unknown etiology, you will work with one or more teams to identify possible causes and risks, test the possibilities, and make the specifications to implement any of the necessary improvements.
- You have a PhD in Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (or similar field), and/or significant independent bench experience (8+ years) as demonstrated by publications or prior employment
- You are familiar with next-gen sequencing protocols and operation of Illumina or Ion Torrent instruments, preferred
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- You have advanced knowledge of principles, concepts and theories within your main discipline and you've developed some knowledge of processes outside current discipline.
- You're able to collaborate and coordinate effectively with at least 1-2 functions outside of R&D (i.e. automation, software engineering, etc.)
- Programming experience and/or training in statistics is highly preferred
- A strong desire to build extraordinary products.
- Lifting Requirements - medium work or exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pound of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force consistently.
- Physical Requirements - stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, observing, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions - exposure to fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid, noise, vibration, mists or gases, mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, electrical hazards and radiant energy hazards. OSHA Category I - duties performed routinely requires exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.