We are recruiting for a versatile Dock Supervisor for our Madison facility. This position provides the right applicant unlimited career potential. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
The Dock Supervisor will:
- Supervise and coordinate dock operations and personnel to include load planning, timely departures and 100% freight accuracy
- Assist local dock personnel with coordinating the following: loading and unloading, FMCSA regulations, manifest approval and deliveries and operation procedures.
- Complete the freight routing process for next day deliveries
- Ensure load quality, timely computer data entry and paperwork procedures followed, terminal and freight security and proper freight routing.
- Assist Line Haul Supervisor with accurate planning of company’s line haul network
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Assist in all terminal and employee safety issues and compliance with governmental regulations.
- Provide supervision to staff through motivation, direction, review of and feedback on performance.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- Be able to balance multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear instructions to others.
- Supervise forklift operators to meet daily operation goals
- Operate a sit-down forklift in the loading/unloading of trailers as needed
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws as required
6 pm - 3 am with flexibility, especially during start up
Monday - Friday
- Two (2) years proven supervisory experience in LTL transportation
- Demonstrate leadership with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Individual will be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, support staff and drivers.
- Able to react quickly to change.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Working, standing and walking on non-climate-controlled loading dock area for several hours at a time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Based on Experience. Send salary requirements.