|Employer||Minnesota Department of Transportation|
|Job type||Full Time|
At MnDOT, we are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. How would you like to work in our Owatonna Bridge Maintenance work area? You will perform and maintain necessary repairs and installations in the area of steel fabrication and erection of bridges and structures. Other duties include but are not limited to:
· Performs concrete work for the construction/ repair of bridges and structures.
· Performs carpentry duties related to bridges, buildings and structures.
· Cleans and prepares bridges, buildings, and structure surfaces for painting.
· Assists with or leads safety inspections on bridges and structures.
· Transfers and operates the full range of heavy equipment used by MnDOT.
· Determines proper traffic control layout in accordance with the Traffic Control Field Manual.
· Determines equipment, tools, materials and supplies needed to complete assignment.
· Maintains roadways for snow and ice control.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Please include years of experience, education, training, certifications and licenses at the time of application to be considered eligible for the vacancy.
Must possess a Class B Commercial Driver's Permit with no Airbrake Restriction (written portion of the test only) and obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with no Airbrake Restriction and Tanker Endorsement within 6 months of hire. This position is contingent upon the selected job candidate having a valid Commercial Driver's License, submits to a Federal Department of Transportation Pre-employment drug test (with negative test results), is subject to future random drug and alcohol testing and is registered in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety administration's Commercial Driver's License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
MnDOT will provide you with on-the-job training to assist you in taking the driving portion of the test to obtain your Class A CDL with no Airbrake Restriction.
Minimum Qualifications for these positions:
Two years of experience performing carpentry OR concrete OR iron work OR a combination of one or more of these activities.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.