590 E Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
We are seeking a
Food Service Director
for our skilled nursing facility
Hamilton Nursing and Rehabilitation
Food Service Director / Certified Dietary Manager,
you are responsible to direct, evaluate, and monitor the staff assigned to your department, including issuing disciplinary actions as necessary and performing probationary and annual evaluations of employee performance.
- Run day to day operations within the department
- Manage food service employees - scheduling, hiring, performance management
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus and make only authorized food substitutes.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders
- Review care plans as necessary to assure that the resident's dietary needs are being met
- Provide nutrition counseling with assistance from a registered dietitian
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary team to ensure smooth operation within the facility
- Must be a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
- Graduate of an approved dietary management course
- Knowledge of basic food preparation & therapeutic diets.
- Previous long-term care experience is desirable. Prior experience in Geriatric Food Service preferred. Prior management experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal time
- & many more!