At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how this role will help:
- Act as the first point of contact for the Legal Department;
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities, and record and transcribe meeting summaries as may be required;
- Answer department head telephone calls and arrange conference calls;
- Maintain Legal Department documents by establishing and organizing files, and uploading/updating documents in the electronic document management system;
- Assist with processing and tracking ACAA agreements, documents, administrative actions, authorizations, insurance and security documents, and leasing/property information as needed;
- Assist with ACAA Board duties as needed;
- Create detailed spreadsheets and presentations;
- Assist and advise ACAA personnel on proper procedures for the coordination, attainment, preparation and execution of agreements with the ACAA;
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes and express overnight mail;
- Order and maintain supplies, and arrange for equipment maintenance; and
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in this role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, department goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results.
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions.
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for this role are:
- Associates’ degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, legal services or a related field;
- Two years related experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant;
- Legal secretarial certification and notary certification a plus; and
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment