At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how this role will help:
- Seek out new real estate and leasing business development opportunities for multiple sites and terminal spaces at Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airport’s (PIT & AGC)
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategy & marketing plans in conjunction with Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience department, designed to identify and capture new business opportunities that will maximize the utilization and revenue from the Airports Authority's land and terminal space at PIT and AGC
- Partner with developers, real estate professionals, business and property owners, lenders, community groups, legal counsel, local, state and federal officials and citizen groups to develop short and long-range goals for real estate development projects by identifying and prioritizing opportunities
- Manage the portfolio of tenants within hangars, aviation support buildings, cargo, terminal building tenants and all other facilities on airport property
- Manage the real estate and leasing process from site selection and contract negotiations through approval and opening
- Analyze sites for real estate development and conducting financial feasibility’s
- Coordinate development & leasing process and document flow with applicable organizations including the FAA and local municipalities
- Manage outreach and coordination with private developers, real estate brokers/agents, site selectors, consultants and other interested parties regarding airport development and/or impact of the Airport operations on adjacent properties
- Monitor construction activities throughout the real estate development process
- Recommend policies that directly and indirectly have an impact on leasing and/or real estate development
- Determine financial methods, procedures and costs pertaining to a departmental service or program improvements; conduct cost benefit analyses, prepare financial and statistical reports; and formulate recommendations
- Guide and participate in the administration and contract management process for leases at both PIT and AGC
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in this role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, department goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results.
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions.
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, public administration, urban planning, economics, finance, real estate or a related field.
- 5 years related experience at the managerial level; Property Management, Industrial or Commercial real estate experience, and/or licensed real estate agent a plus; airport environment experience preferred.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.