At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how this role will help:
- Design, manage, and administer the Microsoft Azure data and analytics platform;
- Manage and lead team responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining data management and analytics reporting;
- Lead, drive, and manage resources to execute on data and analytics projects, goals, and overall data strategy;
- Consult with business partners to understand business problems and facilitate informed decision-making by architecting and designing the analytics solution;
- Monitor utilization of cloud resources to optimize spending;
- Propose complex solutions to difficult business problems to an audience with little technical acumen;
- Partner with key business functions to aid in decision-making by presenting valuable, action-oriented insights;
- Lead program management, including utilization of analytic methods and products in functional settings, driving agile development of new methods and capabilities;
- Promote insights that will help business executives make decisions to improve the passenger experience, increase revenue, and/or reduce costs;
- Collaborate with other team members and domain experts to build analytical solutions to meet current and future business needs;
- Research, identify and assess external best practices, translating to relevant internal application;
- Ensure application of industry best practices to manage data and analytics capabilities;
- Research, recommend, procure, and manage consulting contracts and staff
- Provide support and development to employees through performance management, coaching, training, motivation and discipline;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required;
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in this role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, department goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results.
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions.
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in information systems, computer science or closely related field.
- Five (5) years’ related experience developing and managing a Big Data & Advanced Analytics platform, or generating business insights in an advanced analytics function.
- Experience with integration such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure Data Factory, and/or development of and interaction with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) preferred.
- Experience with data development languages such as Spark, PySpark, Scala, R, R Shiny or Python Flask/Django preferred.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.