|Employer||City of Minneapolis|
|Job type||Full Time|
|City||Various locations in Minneapolis|
|Salary||$75,000 - $99,999|
As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose--serving the residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis.
The City of Minneapolis Public Works Department currently has openings for a Professional Engineer in the Transportation Maintenance and Repair Division, Transportation Engineering & Design, and Water Treatment & Distribution.
Perform a variety of professional engineering work in the preparation of plans and specifications for engineering projects, supervision of construction projects and the maintenance of facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide project management and coordination for construction projects and/or repair efforts.
• Provide engineering design work, creating preliminary plan sets that individuals constructing the infrastructure can follow ensuring that designs meet Federal, State and Local guidelines.
• Prepare contractual documents and assist in the hiring of contractors and consultants.
• Oversee and manage the work of consultants and contractors on construction and reconstruction projects.
• Obtain appropriate approvals and permits necessary for projects/initiatives.
• Establish priorities to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Coordinate with private utilities, local businesses and residents to ensure that infrastructures will meet their needs and negotiate and develop cooperative agreements and special revisions necessary.
• Supervise and monitor the work of subordinates engaged in a variety of projects/initiatives to ensure compliance with existing guidelines.
• Participate in the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
• Work with other agencies, jurisdictions, organizations and businesses on projects and initiatives.
• Participate in meetings as a technical representative of the City of Minneapolis.
• Perform research, prepare reports, give presentations, and write proposals.
Transportation Maintenance and Repair
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
Water Treatment and Distribution Services
MINUMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
MINUMUM EXPERIENCE :
Four years of engineering related experience
Resume: You MUST submit a resume online along with your official City application. Without it your application will be deemed as incomplete and will not be submitted for further consideration.
Selection Process: The examination/selection process for this position may consist of a rating of training and experience and/or an oral exam (100%). Since the examination selection process may consist of a rating of training and experience, it is to your advantage to be as complete and thorough on your application form, supplemental application (if applicable) and other support documentation/materials as is possible. Minimum passing score is 70.00.
Background Check: The city has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be considered further for the position.
Drug and Alcohol Testing: All job applicants must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test once a conditional offer of employment has been made. Applicants will be required to sign a notification and consent form prior to undergoing testing. Applicants who do not consent to undergo drug and alcohol testing will not be required to do so; and, the City will withdraw the conditional job offer resulting in the job applicant no longer being considered for the position.
Union Representation: This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement between the City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Public Works Engineers' Association (CEN). For more information on the terms and conditions of this agreement please visit: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/hr/laboragreements/index.htm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: