The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for customers by using in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with employees within several internal departments. This position is responsible for monitoring and providing accurate and timely information regarding orders, inquires and complaints.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with customers to ensure orders meet minimum quantities and delivery dates.
- Review customer purchase orders to verify it meets quoted minimum order quantity, lead time and price.
- Work closely with internal departments (Engineering, Scheduling, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Shipping, etc.) to ensure on time delivery of customer product.
- Process customer complaints through the system and follow-up to ensure a satisfactory corrective action is communicated back to customer in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Invoice, enter and track customer orders as well as issue credit memos, as needed.
- Process customer compliance documentation.
- Partner with Sales department and the customer to provide forecast to the organization.
- Build and sustain long-term customer partnerships through open and interactive communication and stay in constant contact regarding order status.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable status and work with customers to resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Process Return Material Authorizations through working closely with internal departments and customer contacts.
- Expedite orders through the organization using defined process.
- Track PPAP, FA, Tooling and Sample Orders.
- Monitor and maintain customer scorecards.
- Maintain pricing records.
- Cover front desk as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two years manufacturing experience.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several responsibilities concurrently.
- Able to actively listen and identify customer concerns with strong ability to solve problems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional accuracy track record.
- Basic understanding of Bill of Material and Method of Manufacture.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and MRP systems, Epicor preferred.