|Employer||Nebraska Oral and Facial Surgery|
This is a Nurse/Surgical Assistant position. We are looking for a certified Nurse that would be willing to be cross-trained as a Surgical Assistant when needed.
Role and Responsibilities
The nurse will perform routine technical nursing duties and assist with the other related duties involved in providing patient care in a surgical setting. Interviews patients or relatives to obtain appropriate health history.
· Maintains records and prepares oral reports
· Contributes to the attainment of the goals of the unit by using contacts with individuals and community relationships to contribute to the better understanding of health services
· Prepares, administers, and records medications as agency policy requires
· Monitors vital signs
· Assembles materials and equipment in preparations for clinical sessions and maintains adequate supplies
· Cleans and maintains clinical equipment and disposes of used supplies correctly
· Administers medication according to agency policy
· Perform patient triage
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Minimum of two or more years of experience preferred.
· Registered nurse with current state license
· BLS certification required
· ACLS certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
· Knowledge of and the ability to perform nursing procedures for which the vocational nursing course has provided the necessary degree of skill and judgment; performance shall be limited to those acts for which he or she has been prepared
· Knowledge of accepted procedures for disposing of used supplies
· Ability to observe the general physical condition of patient to detect signs of abnormalities
· Ability to record operations completely, accurately, legibly and concisely
· Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
· Ability to exercise tact, initiative and good judgment in dealing with people
· Ability to accept supervision
· Ability to multitasks and prioritize work
· Experience preferred with IV’s and intravenous medications