Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for overseeing activity in a smaller volume store (under $4million) associated with back room, delivery, and service operations in a manner that supports other store functions in a professional, efficient and effective manner while coaching and training subordinates in an empathetic, developmental, and respectful fashion.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Management of delivery system and a warehouse system
- Plan, implement, and maintain a delivery system i.e. deliveries to customer homes, warehouse and store customer pickup of store merchandise, and preparation of merchandise.
- Develop a back room system capable of flowing inventory. This system must manage inventory levels, associated labor costs, necessary supplies and equipment in a manner that minimizes costs of the system on the store's profitability.
- Manage the customer service function in an effective and cost efficient manner. This includes specific duties related to providing customers the service they expect i.e. handle customers' initial contact with store to final completion. Establish a system for repairing merchandise that is both compatible with customer expectations and store profitability.
- Occasionally assist with deliveries to customer locations as needed. Participate in and sustain 5S and other lean initiatives as needed. Maintains a safe and insurable driving record that will allow for driving on company business.
- Manage disposition of returned and/or damaged merchandise and correct problems. Resolutions include: merchandise repair, placement, and pricing in clearance area, storage/return to manufacturer or corporate headquarters, trashing items as per procedures. Assist in floor merchandise presentation through movement of merchandise onto and off of floor or redesigning store display.
- Ongoingcoaching andtraining (formally and informally) employees on operational processes, merchandising, VOP expectations, safety, teambuilding, interpersonal skills, etc. May include partnering with other areas of the organization for more formal training.
- Provide leadership to motivate employees to meet individual goals while realizing the overall store goals simultaneously. Build an atmosphere that is stimulating, cooperative, challenging, and rewarding. Manage back room employees through hiring, termination, positive feedback, corrective action. Direct work flow and scheduling. Write and present performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures
- Building and equipment maintenance: snow removal, cleaning lots/sidewalks, all lighting, back room cleanliness and organization, etc. Proper handling, operating, and maintenance of trucks, power and manual equipment to avoid personnel injury or damage to the vehicle, equipment or merchandise, computers, other office machines and furnishings. Follow pre-established guidelines and manufacturers' specifications. Maintain a safe, organized back room. Hold staff accountable for following safe work practices
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a back room environment, with knowledge and practice in movement of merchandise and a safe work environment. Lead by example and provide positive constructive feedback. Basic math skills. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Additional Job Description