Under close supervision, operates public transit buses, collects fares, transports passengers, and performs safety inspection of bus equipment.
Example Of Duties
- Memorizes routes, transfer points, and fare structures for all lines assigned divisions
- Performs a complete pre-pull-out inspection of bus, safety checks equipment, and informs mechanic when adjustments or repairs are necessary
- Refers to and implements route maps, time schedules, and instructions for pull-outs, line service, pull-ins, and off-route trips
- Collects and counts fares, issues transfer tickets, and transports passengers on public transit buses
- Provides schedule, route, and fare information to passengers seeking assistance
- Operates wheelchair lift and assists passengers with disabilities in boarding, riding, and alighting in a safe manner which may include pushing a wheelchair up & down the ramp
- Secures wheelchairs of passengers with disabilities and clearly communicates the action being taken
- Receives and transmits two-way radio messages involving accidents, emergencies, criminal activities, or other authorized Metro business
- Line instructs student trainees and regular operators learning specific bus line routes
- Reports hazardous or dangerous conditions along bus route and at passenger loading zones, including such hazards as unusual traffic, road conditions, obstructions, construction, and potential criminal activity
- Writes reports and completes forms
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive and subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing, under Federal Transportation Administration(FTA) drug and alcohol regulations.