48forty Solutions is the largest pallet management services company in North America. We provide end-to-end pallet solutions, from supply to retrieval, on-site services, reverse logistics, and packaging materials. 48forty Solutions is truly Pallet Management Made Simple. Our operations workforce is the heart and soul of our business. We are currently looking for Office Manager.
Accepting Applications from: DFW, Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Irving, Plano, Grapevine, Garland, Frisco, Carrollton
The primary role of this position is to provide quality administrative functions within the facility, ensuring all company policies, safety rules and regulations are followed and conduct effective communication between peers, managers, vendors and customers at the direction of the Plant Manager.
The Office Manager will report to the Plant Manager and serve as a member of the facility leadership team. The position's primary responsibility will be to provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, monitoring administrative projects and providing professional customer service when interacting with customers, vendors, and other 48forty Solutions team members.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries, obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution.
- Partners with other members of management to set up and maintain customer and vendor accounts.
- Conducts the new hire process included but not limited to receiving applications and resumes, providing written offer letters, scheduling drug screens and interviews, screening employees through E-Verify, and completing all new hire paperwork in accordance with company policy
- Maintains and audits personnel files, worker's compensation files, and I-9 binders in accordance with company policy.
- Insures the security of all confidential records. This includes, but is not limited to, personnel files, payroll documentation, and injury files.
- Manages post injury worker's compensation claims by completing documentation, scheduling physician appointments and drug screens, and coordinating communications with the company worker's compensation carrier.
- Manages local A/P process by creating purchase orders, reviewing local A/P invoices, and communicating with local vendors and Corporate Accounting.
- Manages local A/R process by ensuring all customers are invoiced timely and accurately.
- Enforces and adheres to all company policies, safety rules and regulations.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly operations reporting including, but not limited to, payroll, production reporting, and shipping and receiving.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to mail sorting and processing, answering phones, maintaining company bulletin boards, and dispatching drivers.
- Maintains office supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE), and first aid inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Facilitates operational requirements by scheduling and completing administrative projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Four-year college degree or 3-5 years relevant experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and Internet).
- Workers Compensation, Payroll, AP/AR, and Employee Benefits experience is highly desired.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working in a customer service environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work both within a team environment and independently prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage demanding timelines.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- MUST be 18 years of age or older.
Prior Manufacturing and/or Transportation background is preferred.
Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
48forty Solutions offers competitive pay and benefits to all full-time employees. 48forty Solutions is also pleased to offer a full benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) retirement savings plan after 90 days.
48forty Solutions requires that none of its employees are excluded from doing business with the Federal government. All newly hired individuals are promptly screened through the E-Verify electronic employment authorization program run by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Drug-free workplace. EOE. D/M/F/V
- MUST be 18 years of age or older
At 48forty Solutions, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. All employees may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities, as needed.