Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu.
Stockton University is seeking a Professional Services Specialist 4, Adm. NE, ARTV Studio Liaison and Academic Support. Under the direction of the Dean of Arts and Humanities, assists and consults with the Visual Arts (ARTV) faculty in the supervision and use of all ARTV studio and laboratory areas. Hire, train, supervise, and schedule student lab monitors. Provides supervision, proper use and maintenance of art studios and lab equipment. In consultation with the Visual Arts faculty, orders supplies, and materials as needed.
The Professional Services Specialist 4, Adm. NE, ARTV Studio Liaison and Academin Support, is an in-person on campus, non-remote position.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current rsum or curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.#SU
- Monitors and maintains the Visual Arts darkrooms, studios, and labs.
- Responsible for supervising and ensuring proper use of chemicals and other supplies used in ARTV studios, labs, and darkrooms.
- Responsible for safety compliance with OSHA and Right-to-Know guidelines; periodic retraining in this area; ability to review and update MSDS sheets (Material Safety Data Sheets); to store and dispose of hazardous and other materials properly; to label them clearly; to ensure that safety and security measures are in place at all times.
- Responsible for minor repairs to ARTV studio and Art Gallery equipment and fixtures.
- Manages online portfolio records.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
One year of work experience in a fine art studio and laboratory work preferred. This includes the operation of studio and laboratory equipment, working knowledge of woodshop tools, maintenance of the following studio facilities: Sculpture, 2-D design, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Printmaking and Photography.
Must have the ability to work with students
Excellent written communication and oral skills necessary
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel