Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Competitive salary and world-class benefits! Salary commensurate with experience.
About the Manager, Client Advocacy position:
Coordinate new programs related to reducing stigma, client leadership opportunities and peer-to-peer program; lead organization in promotion of self-determination and advocacy for clients served; develop and monitor systems that will enhance the ability of the agency to respond appropriately to client needs; and market HOPE's services to prospective clients, referral sources and community groups.
Manager, Client Advocacy - Essential Functions
1. Coordinate new programs, including Client Speakers' Bureau related to reducing stigma, develop client leadership opportunities and coordinate a peer-to-peer program.
2. Facilitate clients in becoming self-advocates and advocates on their behalf both in relationship to entities external to HOPE and in relationship to HOPE's services.
3. Develop recommendations to appropriate agency personnel that will continuously improve client services and increase client choice.
4. Co-facilitate agency accessibility committee and support Quality Assurance manager with updating annual assessments.
5. Develop and lead local leadership groups within each district/department to expand client input and self-advocacy.
6. Act as liaison and make presentations to funding sources, school transition personnel, and community organizations on behalf of client services. Identify and develop new referral sources within guidelines of HOPE's mission.
7. Develop and conduct outreach, education, and training for clients and their families, community groups and others in clients' rights advocacy.
8. Recommend and present staff trainings that will enhance services to, and staff understanding of clients, client choice and client needs.
9. Review investigations, and support Quality Assurance Manager on follow up related to action steps of the resolution of complaints.
10. Remain accessible to clients and programs to serve in an advocacy role and regularly review and evaluate service delivery systems affecting client services.
Refer client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
12. Assure compliance with confidentiality and safety standards.
13. Follow established agency policies and procedures and represent the agency when conducting/attending meetings as assigned.
14. Legislative - research and report on new funding and regulations, attend task forces, updating the leadership team as appropriate.
15. Perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of services to HOPE clients.
Manager, Client Advocacy - Minimum Qualifications
B.A. Degree in the Human Services field and four years experience working with the Developmentally Disabled; or, an approved combination of education and experience.
Manager, Client Advocacy - Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Working knowledge of the operation of an organization that serves persons with disabilities and its relationships with various agencies, institutions, and segments of the community.
2. General knowledge and understanding of a broad range of disabilities.
3. Specific knowledge of person-centered planning and the philosophy underlying legislation regarding the provision of services.
4. Basic knowledge of relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
5. Basic knowledge of current fair employment practices and equal opportunity laws and regulations and those specifying client rights, including fair hearing and appeal procedures.
6. Ability to work as a team member.
7. Ability to relate in a constructive manner with individuals, families and the community.
8. Ability to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions.
9. Ability to work effectively within the social, political, business and community environment in which the agency functions.
10. Ability to speak to large groups in the community and conduct tours of HOPE programs.
11. Experience providing training on various topics to a diverse range of people.
12. Knowledge of rehabilitation and program development, relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
13. Ability to work independently and as a team member, relate to individuals with disabilities and their families, represent HOPE in the social, business and community environment in which the agency functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to engage in office work which includes periods of intense concentration, phone and computer work. Constant review of documentation and reports, frequent interruption. Periods of travel to other locations, exposure to outdoor conditions. Significant time spent in face-to-face communications with internal and external customers. Occasionally required to lift/transport materials to Hope locations and meetings up to 25 lbs. and push/pull objects up to 50 lbs. must be able to sit for extended periods.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.