|Employer||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center|
Employees in this position are responsible for augmenting a supervising physician's data gathering abilities to reach decisions and institute patient care plans. Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
* Provides patient services under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician and or Medical Director.
* Elicits detailed patient histories.
* Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
* Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
* Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
* Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
* Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
* May render emergency medical service without supervision, pending the arrival of a responsible physician, in cases where immediate diagnosis and treatment are necessary to avoid disability or death.
Graduation from a Physician Assistant's training program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association. Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Physician Assistant as evidenced by passing the examinations given by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants. OR Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved certification program recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer license to Texas. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an approved certification program as recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer certification to Texas.
Professional License or Certification
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.