Overhill Farms is a leading custom manufacturer of high quality prepared frozen foods, serving customers in the branded retail, private label and foodservice sectors. We provide a one-stop solution that offers new product development or precise replication of existing recipes as well as product manufacturing and packaging. Overhill Farms is currently seeking a hands-on Purchasing Buyer to join our team!
- Create an environment of strategic partnerships with vendors to seek mutual cost reduction and optimization opportunities
- Recognize and appropriately act upon supplier development opportunities
- Manage Supplier Performance (Quality, Punctuality, Lead time compliance & service) and facilitate Major Non- Conformance closure (delivery and quality)
- Support new product introductions by working with R&D; communicating new product volumes with vendors
- Develop close working relationship and active dialogue with internal customers and departments such as quality, supply chain, and finance
- Strong negotiating skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good planning, organizational and execution skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and established goals and objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of operational purchasing, strategic sourcing, raw materials & indirect goods and services is required
- Communicate with vendors on PO's, delivery confirmations, and materials shortages.
- Review production demand, historical usage, MOQ, shelf life and lead times to determine what to order when
- Monitor deliveries and work with vendors to resolve issues
- Communicate vendor quality issues and work with vendors to resolve claims.
- Maintains accurate purchasing files including: accurate pricing, supplier lead times, minimum order quantities, freight rates, supplier contact information, fees and standard costs
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in purchasing, materials management, supply or related field or at least 4-5 years of purchasing experience in the food industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Purchasing know-how and mastering the Strategic Sourcing Process (supplier industry analysis, supplier selection, fact-based negotiations, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP SRM or similar ERP system required
- Technical skills in computing and using standard software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet)