The IT Procurement Manager is a key contributor to the Procurement team, responsible for managing activities in the information technology procurement function. Manage compliance requirements, while maintaining holistic approach to overall risk measurements. Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to 'break down the walls' and provide a dedicated resource to support the Information Technology organization.
Note: This position offers a hybrid work schedule consisting of reporting to our office twice a week located at 100 Church Street, NYC.
- Establish and/or maintain key business relationships with departmental stakeholders, business owners, including but not limited to Corporate Business Technology, Application Development, Infrastructure & Operations, and Information Security.
- Conduct scheduled periodic, weekly, or quarterly business review meetings, with preferred suppliers and internal business partners.
- Collaborates with internal business partners regarding end-to-end RFx process. This includes the development and issuance of formal requests for quotes, information, or proposals within established processes (e.g., prepare specifications, evaluate responses, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services that meet business requirements within established budget. Acts as communications point of contact for bidders.
- Partners with Healthfirst internal Legal, Compliance, Privacy, and Security teams to ensure adherence to applicable regulations, company policy, and established procedure regarding sourcing, vendor management, and contract management.
- Lead internal project teams through the vendor evaluation and selection process, from identification of initial need through to agreement execution.
- Responsible for developing negotiation strategies, close deals, complete contracting process, resolve disputes.
- Knowledge and comfort in negotiating standard legal terms and conditions.
- Negotiation of favorable pricing and best practices.
- Provide guidance on contractual impact to spend and General Ledger in tandem with the Budget and Planning team.
- Facilitate stakeholder review process, gathering appropriate approvals, creation and distribution of purchase orders with executed documentation.
- Identify strategies to reduce expense through the renegotiation on existing maintenance contracts, early retirement of equipment, leveraging purchasing opportunities, contractor services, etc.
- Point of escalation to maintain supplier relationships, identifying and resolving issues related to delivery of services or payment process.
- Work in tandem with Accounts Payable to resolve invoicing issues and expedite payment issues.
- Keeps current and knowledgeable about Procurement industry trends and best-in-class vendors that can potentially help support Healthfirst needs.
- Act as a trusted advisor to internal clients and leveraging sourcing experience to lead sourcing events that drive value in support of major initiatives.
- Understand and monitor current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/ capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or prior sourcing experience, with specific category experience in Information Technology, i.e., Hardware, Software Licensing and Subscriptions and Telecom required.
- Able to work in a complex environment with multiple priorities and undefined processes with changing timelines.
- Able to understand and filter time sensitive projects and progress forward using project management skillset.
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong change management skills.
- Fully own your work scope, clear blockers, and balance priorities successfully without requiring excessive direction.
- Continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others, and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.
- Experience with collaborations tools, Workday Financials, DocuSign and/or iCertis Contract Management preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and the Scrum process framework desired
Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees' and members' wellbeing, Healthfirst is moving to an environment where our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective new team member, you must be fully vaccinated with a CDC/FDA approved COVID-19 shot(s) to work in our offices. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy in further detail and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with this company policy.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.