|Employer||Oklahoma State Department of Health|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Salary||up to $80,000.00 based on education and experience.|
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Legislative Liaison providing support to Commissioner Office. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here ] . The annual salary for this position is up to $80,000.00, based on education and experience.
The Legislative Liaison serves as a primary point of contact between the Oklahoma State Department of Health - OSDH and members of the Oklahoma State Legislature. This position requires continuous attention to detail and extensive communication with members and outside groups regarding legislation, rule promulgation, and other information. The legislative liaison monitors legislative developments within committees and the House and Senate chambers. Additionally, this position involves coordination of legislative and related events with other departments within OSDH. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Serve as a liaison between OSDH and members of the legislature;
• Track legislation and other developments in determined issue areas;
• Monitor legislative developments within committees and floor activities;
• Maintain a master database of bill and executive nomination legislative progress;
• Meet with legislators, staff members, and other relevant parties;
• Draft legislative summaries, reports and other materials for distribution;
• Prioritize and balance multiple projects, deadlines and interests simultaneously;
• Perform special projects assigned by the Commissioner and Senior Deputy Commissioner, and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to perform the essential job functions above;
• Thorough knowledge of the legislative process;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Keen attention to detail;
• Discretion and independent judgment;
• Ability to accept performance based criticism and direction;
• Work well under pressure and handle stress;
• Meet attendance requirements as established by the office;
• Work a flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends;
• Knowledge of office policies, practices and procedures; and
• Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and other similar programs
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment, computer based. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
A bachelor's degree or higher education level is required, including strong academic credentials. Applicants with prior legislative experience are preferred.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous